At ExPLORE ACADEMY we provide students with opportunities to be active, eager, independent learners.
We teach them skills to:
EX – Examine: their own learning process and provide them with opportunities to examine materials and relate to their own experiences.
P – Play: and learn through hands on activities, thus enhancing conceptual understanding.
L – Learn: by presenting them with multiple learning opportunities.
O – Organize: information based on their own learning style.
R – Reason: mathematically through consistent use of mathematical skills in many contexts.
E – Engage: in meaningful active learning opportunities that make the learning process enjoyable
Our Vision is:
- To provide students with the academic skills they need to succeed in a competitive world.
- We believe that all children, can succeed if they have access to the right support and a great education.
The Mission of ExPLORE Academy is :
- To provide each student a diverse education in a safe, supportive environment that promotes self-discipline, motivation, and excellence in learning.
- To provide opportunities that will allow students to be successful in a competitive world.
- To create active and creative minds and to provide opportunities that will allow students to act on their beliefs.
- To respect the individual needs of the students and to foster an environment that allows for social, emotional, and intellectual development.
- To create a challenging learning environment that encourages high expectations for success through development of appropriate instruction that allows for individual differences and learning styles.
- To foster student’s self esteem by developing positive relationship with them.
- To strive to have parents, teachers, and community members actively involved in our students’ learning.
- To provide an environment that is engaging and responsive to student needs.
- To create support and maintain engaged learning in the Mathematics.
- To use innovative techniques to enhance lifelong learning through the use of technology and varied instructional strategies.
Our Goal is to ensure that students:
- Overcome their internalized fear of the subject and feeling that they cannot be successful ( learned helplessness)
- Develop conceptual understanding.
- Want to complete the assignments without being overwhelmed with new information presented
- Learn how to reflect on errors based on instructor feedback.
- Demonstrate enhanced application skills, when answering higher order thinking problems
- Become active participants in the learning process Perform better on all assessments including progress monitoring probes.
- Transfer skills learned at the Academy to school and show improved performance on their summative assessments
- Become proficient in the use of technology and that will help in improved quality of projects undertaken in school.